Welcome to the 2018-2019 School Year
- 6th Grade and Jr. High Students will receive a tablet before the school year begins
- Tablets are loaded with Immaculate Heart of Mary's standard software
- Windows 10 PRO, Windows Defender, Office 2016, LanSchool Monitoring Software
- Each tablet will be configured to your student unique login for Office 365 prior to handout.
- All software, virus protection and security updates will be updated and monitored by our cloud based system.
- To pick up the tablet, you’ll need to sign up for a single time slot then show 10 mins prior to the beginning of time slot provided.
- At the time of pickup each student will receive:
1. Tablet with charger
2. Account information to the Office 365 Proplus services (all student account passwords will be reset prior to training)
3. Brief training on the proper use of tablet
4. Documents to sign verifying the student/parent understanding of the IHOM tablet policies
- Students will be required to purchase a case to keep their tablet safe. You are not required to purchase the case from IHM, however it is available. Spec are available below in the link if you wish to purchase the case on your own.
- 6th grade and Jr. High Tablet Spec Sheet - Click here
- Students are to use the tablet at home to familiarize themselves with the tablet. Below you will find instructions on how to connect windows 10 to your home wireless network and how to connect your home printer. IHM Helpdesk does not support home printers, home networks, and home security problems.
- Training videos will be provided within the Office portal video section. Directions on how to get to the help videos will be provided on the desktop of the tablet.
- As students review the training videos, please take the time to verify the tablet is working properly.
- This will ensure that the tablet will not cause any interruption in educational instruction due to hardware failure.
- Please pay attention specifically to how long the battery lasts during use.
- If you feel there is a hardware or software issue, please email email@example.com
- Although IHOM takes precautions with classroom management software and internet filters, we encourage you to review internet safety with your child and take an active role in home use of the tablet. https://www.onguardonline.gov/ is just one of many sites with parent resources available.
*3D Printing Class - Wireless Mouse Suggestions